Saturday, January 03, 2009

Voice dictation does it suck or help?

Twit This!
This is my first post using voice dictation software and trying to figure out the intricacies between browsers will fire fox and to explore is very frustrating because at times fire fox just completely ignores the Internet explorer recourse to repeat myself if I stopped during dictation in the middle of one paragraph and then I go back into it again for this to recognition software to decide that is not a text box and mark and I have to white parity of the copy and paste it and then a really works.

I injured my shoulder many months ago and it has gotten worse and worse month by month day by day to the point now where my right shoulder is in great pain, completely immobilized, so I can only use my left hand. This is difficult because I am right handed. If you have ever tried using a keyboard with just your left hand, you will see what I am talking about.

My wife has complained for years that this is a right handed world and I intellectually acknowledge this, but now I know the reality: life sucks if you are left handed. OK, it's challenging. With one hand it's aggravating. Add a mouse its awkward if not impossible to do everything together.

So I'm going to journal my adventures or some would say to misadventures to get out my frustrations as well as my successes as I venture forward in this brave new world from my bed.

No comments: